With thousands of South Aussies getting out and about this weekend to bring in the New Year, we’re urging everyone to plan ahead and travel safely on the roads.
New Year’s Eve fireworks are back at Glenelg and Brighton Beach for the first time since 2019, and with CBD events including the Adelaide Strikers match at the Adelaide oval, the city streets are also set to be buzzing.
Let’s do all we can to start 2023 fatality-free by planning ahead and bearing in mind our safety advice below.
1. If you’re planning on a few drinks, make sure you’ve organised a designated driver or alternative transport so you aren’t tempted to drive.
2. Adelaide Metro is offering FREE public transport after 5pm on Saturday. Free travel is also available all day for ticket holders to the NYE Big Bash League match at Adelaide Oval.
3. Use our RAA Go app to plan ahead, find parking and combine transport modes including public transport or escooters.
4. If you are driving, watch out for other road users and pedestrians, particularly near busy areas.
5. Above all, look out for one another, be patient and pay attention around our roads.